Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Merrill Trait

Not only do my kids get the love of motorized vehicles from my side of the family but they also have the "Merrill Cough". We all came home from Hawaii with a little cold (little right Callie??). Anyhow, Taylor's turned into a fever with this horrific cough. It was so bad that it made him throw up a couple of times. Not fun! When we took Tay to the Dr we were more concerned about his fever and found out that he wasn't breathing right! He was using his diaphragm because his lungs weren't working right. Hmm... so he was put on a nebulizer and meds and seems to be doing much better. The Dr told us that it is probably due to asthma issues and hopes he grows out of it. Anyone heard that before?? I asked the Dr if I should be concerned about Braxton catching the cold and maybe having the same issues. (When they run hard they both have coughing fits) He said to just use the meds on him if needed. Well they are needed. Poor kid is coughing away just like his big brother. Taylor doesn't love getting his meds but Brax sure does.

Taylor:Braxton:

They are still pretty cute even when they are sick (and naughty)!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stayed home from work and I had to go to the dr. So hang in there twins. Your old aunt knows how you feel. A bad cold and a lot of meds. But now I am feeling better. So hang in there.

Samantha said...

Oh that's the worst! I am glad they are doing okay with the medicine. Kate had to go on the nebulizer when she was younger, so I had to use a breathing mask- she HATED it! Plus the medicine made her go crazy, like she was on speed or something. I hope everyone gets well soon.

Ashley said...

Poor little things! I'm sorry they are sick, that is so scary.

Callie said...

It was a beastly cold, that's for sure. I noticed when I was holding Taylor in Hawaii that his chest rattled qutie a bit. I'm glad you took him to the doctor. Give both boys kisses for me.

The Browning Family said...

That is so sad. They fit right in with the Merrill's huh?

sandy said...

i am so sorry for the boys. It is actually a real Merrill thing and does not come from my side of the family. You probably don't remember all the times dad sat on the front porch with Emily. Cold sometimes helps the coughing spasm. Good luck. Give them kisses and be patient. love ya

The Holverson Family said...

Sounds so familiar!!!! My kids have the same thing this week! It is so horrible! All 4 of mine have this Merrill Trait!