Thursday, November 12, 2009

The girls are here...

and it's about time I blogged some pictures of the cute little girls. It has been a long, hard week but we are all doing well. We went in on the 6th at 6:30am and had the girls around 8:45. It's always an exhausting day :-) 37 weeks and DONE!!!
New daddy in the ORYucky picture of mom with the girls.
I have an excuse though, I did just go through surgery :-)
Avri Jean Hatch
6 lbs 4 oz (same as Brax was)
19.5 inches long
Macall Jo Hatch
5lbs 6 oz
18.5 inches long
Avri loves her binki. It is as big as her head. Our little Macall had to go to the NICU where she still is today. She was small, breathing fast, and having trouble keeping her body temp up which sent her there in the first place but she lost some weight and wouldn't eat which put her there for a while longer. She ended up having to have jaundice lights on her for a couple days and still was sleepy and not eating. Yesterday she was moved out of her isolette because she was able to keep her temp normal and is now eating lots better. She is supposed to have her feeding tube removed sometime this afternoon and as long as she continues to eat and not lose weight we get to bring her home. Tomorrow is probably pushing it so we are hoping for Saturday!! We hate not having her home with us right now but we want her healthy so we don't have any return visits to the NICU.
Avri is a great baby and sleeps most the day away! She only eats twice at night which I am grateful for. I am still getting some sleep :-) The boys are starting to pay attention to her. They tell me they "want to hold it". I am trying to teach them to say her or Avri. She is a sweet little girl.
A couple more pictures of Macall in the NICU.
We love our baby girls and they truly complete our family.

19 comments:

bowman family said...

Congrats!! They are beautiful. Have a speedy recovery.

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Wowza! you are AMAZING!!! I am so impressed by you and justin. A lot is left by the wayside in blogging (I'm sure), but you two seem so together and relaxed about having litters! Way to go!!!!

I hope Macall is with the fam soon!

The Holverson Family said...

Such Cute Pictures!!!

lacey said...

What cute little girlies! I'm glad things went well, and hope Macall comes home soon. If you need anything, I'm not too far away!

Kylie said...

Congrats guys! Hope mom is feeling well. You are amazing!

Nancy said...

Your girls are just adorable. I hope Macall get to hurry home with the rest of you. I bet grandma is enjoying every minute of it too.

Amber said...

Congrats Ashley!!! They are precious and I love their names!!! Soooo sweet! You have a beautiful family!!!

Ashley said...

Oh ASH!!! They are SOOO cute. I'm so excited for you. I've been patiently waiting for this post! I hope Macall gets to come home soon, I'm sure that was so hard to leave her. And HELLO, you don't even look like you could be pregnant with twins in the first picture.

Heather Inns said...

So cute, Congrats. I am hope y'all get to be at home all together soon. Good Luck

Shelly B. said...

Congrats! They are both beautiful! I hope Macall gets to come home soon so you can all be together!

Samantha said...

Holy COW! On your long list of things to do, you can add changing the title of your blog to Hatch Family of Six! I am so happy for you and your family and hope that your little baby makes it home from the hospital soon and healthy. congratulations. You make it look so easy.

jess (mumbo designs) said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad that they are out! Good luck with your recovery and getting Macall home from the hospital soon.

Chelsi said...

Ash they are so cute. I have been waiting for this post and am so excited they are here. I'm glad things went good and hope macall can come home soon. Congrats again. can't wait to see more!!

Cookie Craving said...

I'm so happy for you! They are beautiful! Good work guys!

Rachel said...

They are so sweet, Congratulations!

Lindsey said...

They are both adorable! I LOVE the names! We considered naming our Avrie Makell, so very similar taste :) I don't know how you do it, you're amazing! Congrats!

Derek and Christi said...

Those pictures are so sweet. Congratulations! Your pregnancy pic looks SOOO good! I can't believe that you had TWO babies in there. I'm so happy for you and I hope that baby girl #2 (can't remember her name) is able to go home soon and be squished by her brothers. :)

Camille said...

Congratulations! Such beautiful girls. And darling names! I've had Macall on my list too- not that I'll ever need it! ;-)

Hope things are going great- and tell us more about this house you've been talking about. So excited for you guys!

Whitney Harris said...

Congrats, I kept checking for pics and then gave up. Guess I waited too long to check back. Glad all went well. That wasn't a yucky pic of you either it was priceless. Not many women have two new babies at once. Crazy! I loved your mom's post on facebook. Can't imagine the madness. Glad everyone is home and healthy. Can't wait to come visit once things calm down. Really though, call me if you need anything.