Is it considered failure when you try to potty train for 5 hours and the kids just isn't understanding? After 12 pairs of underwear, 3 loads of laundry (had to wash the underwear because I don't have enough and blankets trying to avoid the carpet), and lots of carpet cleaning we gave up on Taylor potty training today. He just wasn't understanding. He would say he had to pee and then get on the potty and then sit there and nothing. 2 minutes later he would pee on the floor. He did make it to the potty once and then when we went into the kitchen to get a treat he peed all over the floor. We will just try again when he is a little
older and more interested in it all.
Good try little buddy!
5 comments:
Yeah good try! Trysten is now 3 and will be 4 in March and now he is getting to the point that he can go potty but still has to be reminded. They will let you know when they are ready. I gave up trying to make Trysten go and get potty trained before Baylee was born. Lost cause! :(
Oh I feel for you. We just bought a little potty last week and Avrie won't even sit on it! If you hear of any tips on how to make them interested let me know! Otherwise, I guess we'll just wait a week or two and try again...
IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE HE UNDERSTANDS THE CONCEPT, JUST NOT THE TIMING. I WOULD KEEP TRYING:) MOM
I can't imagine potty training 2 boys! I started back up with training Carter again....1st time only lasted for 3 days...I gave up when he pee'd on my wood floor and put his hands in it and spread it around...AHHHH! Good luck! And keep trying! i don't really have any advise cause I have no clue either!
When Justin's home have him take them. Teach them to stand, and as they stand you put cheerios in the toliet and teach them to sink them.
This work some times. When they are ready they well let you know.
Post a Comment